About Me

My photo
Am an open book.. a big time foodie.. an aspiring chef... who has a thirst for knowledge.. loves traveling...loves making friends.. is passionate about writing...wants to capture life through photography...is a loud mouth..a chatterbox...a self proclaimed Bohemian..and the world is my oyster !!!!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Aloo Mutter Egg Masala...


Ingredients :
  • Eggs - 8 (Hard boiled)
  • Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
  • Tomato Puree - I couldn't find a can in the shop so i blanched 4 big tomatoes, removed the skin and pureed them in the blender.
  • Ginger - 1/2 tsp (paste)
  • Garlic - 1/2 tsp (paste)
  • Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
  • Cinnamon - 1/2 " stick
  • Cloves - 5
  • Cardamom - 4 pods
  • Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
  • Red Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
  • Cream - 1 small tetra pack
  • Coriander Leaves- for garnishing
  • Salt and Oil - as required
Method:
Firstly I grounded the fennel seeds, Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom into a fine powder. The I heated the wok and poured sesame oil into it. I added the ginger garlic paste and fried it for a couple of minutes. Then I added the chopped onions and fried the onions till it became golden brown and I added the tomato puree.
I kept stirring the whole concoction till the excess water evaporated. To this I added the turmeric, chilly, and the ground masala powder and salt. I kept stirring the whole paste for two minutes and finally added the eggs and closed the lid.
Once the aroma started wafting through lid, I added a cup of water to the concoction. I let the whole gravy boil. And finally I added Cream and let the whole curry simmer.
I then added three small packets of green peas to the curry and as it was getting cooked in the gravy, I quickly boiled five potatoes side by side. Once that was done I chopped the potatoes into cubes and added them to the curry. And once all the water evaporated, the Curry was ready.
Finally I garnished the curry with coriander leaves and served it on top of yummy idiappams :D ...

1 comment:

Archanaa Manohar said...

yummy will try it this weekend