About Me

My photo
Am an open book.. a big time foodie.. an aspiring chef... who has a thirst for knowledge.. loves traveling...loves making friends.. is passionate about writing...wants to capture life through photography...is a loud mouth..a chatterbox...a self proclaimed Bohemian..and the world is my oyster !!!!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Amai Vadai - for festivals


Ingredients
:


1.5 cup bengal gram/chana dal
1/4 cup each of toor dal and urud dal
4 long dry red chillies
Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Method:

Wash and soak all the dals and the dried chillies together in warm water for half an hour and then grind them without adding water such that it should be a paste but it should be a tight paste and not watery. It should stick to a spoon without falling off.  Add salt and deep fry them in oil after making small patties with your palms.

1 comment:

Ito said...

I ended up here because my mother asked me to look up the recipe for this, but now I am hooked on your cat widget. :D