- Eggs - 4, hard boiled, peeled
- Onion - 1, finely sliced (large)
- Green chilies - 2, slit lengthwise
- Ginger - 1", finely minced
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Tomato - 1, finely chopped
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala whole (clove - 3, cardamom -3, tiny cinnamon stick, bay leaf)
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coconut milk - 1 1/2 cups, thin
- Thick coconut milk - 3/4 to 1 cup
- Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (crushed)
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilies - 1, tear and de-seed
oil - 1 1/2 tbsps (or any oil)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the red chilies and the whole spices and saute for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions, few curry leaves, minced ginger and green chilies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 4 mts.
- Add salt to taste and thin coconut milk and cook on low to medium flame for 7- 8 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Add the eggs and cook for 2 mts. Add garam masala powder, crushed pepper and the remaining curry leaves.
- Add the thick coconut milk and cook on low flame for a minute and turn off heat. Serve with rice, appam, puttu, idiyappam or rotis.