(Marinate for atleast one hour)
- Chicken : 500 gms
- Yogurt : 1 cup
- Red chili Powder : 1/2 tbsp
- Onions : 1 1/2 (large)
- Green chilies : 4-5 (according to your spice level)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste : 3 tsp
- Mint leaves : 1 cup
- Coconut Milk : 1 cup (optional)
- Red chili powder : 4 tsp (adjust according to your spice level)
- OIl : 4 tbsp
- Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
- Basmati Rice : 4 cups
Masala to Grind:
- Bay leaves : 2
- Cloves : 5
- Cinnamon : 3 pieces (small)
- Cardamom : 5
- Fennel seeds : 4 tsp
- Coriander Seeds : 2 tsp
- Whole Pepper : 1 tsp
- Wash and soak the basamati rice for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker and add chopped onions and green chilies.
- Fry the onions till it becomes translucent and add ginger & garlic paste.
- Fry them for 4-5 minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the marinated chicken, ground masala, red chili powder and salt into it.
- Now fry the above mixture and cook in medium heat for about 15- 20 minutes or till the oil gets separated.
- Finally add the mint leaves and mix it all together.
- If you want you can fry the soaked basmati rice in a wide pan with little ghee. If not skip this step.
- Now add the soaked basmati rice into the pressure cooker and add 1 cup of coconut milk, 6 cups of water.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil close the lid and put the whistle in the pressure cooker.
- And let cook the biryani in medium heat for 15 minutes or till one whistle.
- Remove from heat and after 15 minutes or till the pressure goes off open the pressure cooker.
- Serve it hot with some raitha.