Gram Flour(Besan) -- 2Cups
Red Chilli Powder -- 1/4tbsp
Salt -- To Taste
Cumin Powder -- 1/2tbsp
Coriander Powder -- 1/2tbsp
Garam Masala -- 1/2tbsp (Optional)
Ajwain Seeds -- 1/2tbsp
Baking Soda -- 1/4tbsp
Vegetable/Canola Oil -- To Deep Fry
Tamarind Paste -- 2tbsp
Onions (Finely Chopped) -- 1Small
Carrots (Grated or Finely Chopped) -- 1
Fresh Coriander Leaves -- Finely Chopped
Lime Juice -- 1/2tbsp (According to your taste)
Boiled & mashed potatoes (Seasoned with salt, turmeric and lime juice)
Mozerrella or Cream Cheese
1. First take besan to a bowl and add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, red chilli powder and baking soda to it.
2. Add sufficient water and mix it well to make a thick batter. Remember to make it thick, because it should stick to the mirchi when dipped in it.
3. Now slit the mirchi vertically from top to bottom and remove all the seeds inside it.
4. Then dip the mirchi in the gram flour batter and deep fry in the oil till it turns into nice brown color.
5. Once it gives nice color, transfer it to the serving plate for plain bajji with chutney or sauce.
After step 3 above, Boil tamarind paste and ajwain seeds together to make it a thick paste. Once the paste is ready add a pinch of salt to it and put it inside the mirchi. Then follow step 4.
After step 5, Mix chopped onions, carrots and fresh coriander leaves in a bowl and add a pinch of salt & lime juice. Slit the Mirchi Bajji vertically and stuff the chopped onions, carrots and fresh coriander leaves and enjoy the Yummy Mirchi Bajji.
Variation 3 & 4
After step 3, stuff the mirchi with either the potato or cheese and follow step 4 onward.